Where were you 3 hours ago?- In my kitchen…
Who are you in love with?- No-one particular at the moment.
Have you ever eaten a crayon?- Not that I am aware of.
Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?- There’s a nail varnish not too far away, does that count?A makeup bag full of brushes.
When is the last time you went to the mall?- I was in the shopping centre today doing grocery shopping.
Are you wearing socks right now?- Nope
Does your family have a car worth over $2,000?-I think my car is probably worth about that much… It has high mileage 😦
When was the last time you drove out of town?- I was in Dublin on Friday and I went to the gym today… that’s in a different town to where I am living.
Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?- Just about!
Are you hot?- No, there a nice breeze coming in the window
What was the last thing you had to drink?- Water.
What are you wearing right now?- Pyjamas
Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it?- Car wash.
Last food that you ate?- Chicken Chow Mein that I made myself at home as i was craving chinese.
Where were you last week at this time?- In my bed.
Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?- Yes. Underwear.
When is the last time you ran?- Ean a bit on the treadmill on Thursday.
What’s the last sporting event you watched?- None.
What is your favorite animal?- Dogs Pandas.
Your dream vacation?- Australia again
Last person’s house you were in?- My aunts house on Thursday.
Worst injury you’ve ever had? Acquired brain injury from stroke.
Do you miss anyone right now?- Yes 😦
Last play you saw?- Alice in Funderland – I think!!
What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?- I more repel than lure
What are your plans for tonight?- Finish this post, pack my gym bag, then bed!
Who is the last person you sent a Facebook message or comment?- My godsons twin to wish them a happy Birthday.
Next trip you are going to take?- No holidays planned but I’m off to Dublin tomorrow for an appointment.
Ever go to camp?- No, but i did go to Irish college once. I hated it!!
Were you an honor roll student in school?- We dont have honor roll in ireland. I was a prefect though.
What do you want to know about the future?- If I’ll be happy and healthy.
Are you wearing any perfume or cologne?- Not at the moment.
Are you due sometime this year for a doctor’s visit?- Yes, Loads of them!! Neurosurgeon, stroke specialist, gynacologist and endocrinologist!
Where is your best friend?- In bed I’d say.
How is your best friend?- I hope they’re all doing good!
Do you have a tan?- Not really.
What are you listening to right now?- Noise of the computer.
Do you collect anything?- Makeup & cds & Dvds
Last time you got stopped by a cop or pulled over?- Years ago during operation Free Flow
Have you ever drank your soda from a straw?- Yes.
What does your last text message say?- Sweet dreams x
Last time you took a shower?- lunchtime.
Do you need to do laundry?- yes.
What is your heritage?- Irish
Are you someone’s best friend?- Yes, I think so.
Are you rich?- Definitely not!
What were you doing at 12AM last night?- Hosting a party.
I’m having a Girls Night In/home from hospital/back to my life/birthday party tomorrow night and I really want to be able to have some treats so I decided the best way to do as little damage as possible was to be organised with healthy food for the rest of the day and for Sunday.
1.) Super Speed Soup: this is a soup made of some of the best foods for you and is full of fibre so helps keep you full without overindulging! It’s super easy to make in the slow cooker. I just put two vegetable stock cubes and about a 3/4 litre of water with a head of broccoli, 2 small courgettes, a large onion, 4-5 carrots, passata, and a tin of mixed beans. I left it in the slow cooker on high for abut 6 hours and when all the vegetables were softened I allowed it to cool a little before blending it to remove lumps. I was left with a very thick soup so when I am reheating it tomorrow I will add some stock and possibly some spices for extra flavour…
2.) I struggle to find breakfast foods that keep my interest. Many years ago when I was doing some other diet I came across the idea of pastry free mini quiches as a breakfast food. They are quick to make, easy to freeze and can be adjusted to your taste.
crust free quiches
These are my version of a recipe I saw on Every Word Handwritten Blog (here).
2 scallion/salad onions,
4 mini sweet peppers,
Tesco Healthy Living Black Pepper Cottage Cheese 150G
4 slices Tesco Healthy Living ham – to line 8 tins approx 80g
Oegg Pasteurised egg whites.
(Photo 1.))I lined 8 of the 12 cases with ham instead of adding bacon to the mix as I originally planned. I also sprayed each case with 2 sprays of frylight to stop things sticking!
I then proceeded to chop the peppers and onion into small pieces so they would cook quickly. I divided this mix between the 12 cases before adding a spoonful of the cottage cheese to each one (Photo2.)). I then topped each case up with a mix of egg and egg whites before putting them into a preheated oven for 20 minutes. You can see the finished result in the last photo. Once these have cooled I will freeze them. They should take less than a minute to reheat in the mornings or for lunches, making them a very quick go to option! The cottage cheese can be used as a healthy extra a – making these syn free if you just have one or two (I hope! ~still trying to work out healthy extras!!)
I really think organisation is key to sticking to any plan such as Slimming world on special occasions – what do you think?
I thought seeing as I love Favourites posts and videos that I might do my own series of favourites… random things I am loving each week.
1.) The gym
Taken from gym website
2. Going to the cinema on my own. This week I have been to see both Fault in Our Stars and Mrs Browns Boys d’Movie.
3.) Catching up with friends. I’ve been doing a lot of this since getting out of hospital and its great!!
4.) Slimming World. I am actually really enjoying getting back on track and my 2lb loss has really spurred me on!
5.) Blogging. As you may have noticed i have managed to get back blogging daily. Its hard getting back in the habit of thinking of posts but I would like to thank you all for sticking with me!
This is a series I previously did that fell by the wayside – with many other good intentions. You can read past #ThinThursday posts here.
As I mentioned in my #dayzeroproject Update post I have lost about 9.5kg since being diagnosed with a stroke and in an effort to keep it off – and lose a lot more – I have joined Slimming World and signed up to the gym for a year too… In other news my HBa1c is now down to 41mmol/mol (20-40 is a non diabetic range). Last year mine was 43 so it’s a great improvement. My BMI has also dropped by 7. 😀 All very positive!
Today was my first Slimming World weigh-in… I lost 2lb! Its not massive but I was very disorganised foodwise this week so hadn’t really stuck to the food plan. On top of that I tend to gain weight at certain times… And this is usually that! I’m attributing the loss to having slogged in the gym doing cardio six days out of the seven! The programme I do is one that I started in the Rehabilitation Hospital and currently I do 10-15 minutes on the treadmill (incline 2% speed up to 5.8km/hr – speed slowly increasing!) cycling for 15-18 minutes, rower for 5-7 minutes, arm bike for 10-15 minutes, elliptical trainer for 9 minutes (6 forward, 3 backwards). I mix and match these machines for variety, making sure I do 30-45 minutes a day unless I am really in a rush to get somewhere… Even then I do a minimum of 20 minutes making sure to get my heart rate into the 130s. I hate the rower and elliptical trainer so am particularly proud of myself a day I do both! It is my aim to work up to being able to do a full hour of cardio without wanting to melt into a puddle! In time when I am able for it I will also be adding weights to the routine! Currently it is not allowed due to left side weakness and my bulging disk… 😦
While obviously i want to lose weight my key aim here is health and fitness… I want to make my body healthier and stronger so that I never have to go through what i have been through in the last 18 weeks again – nor put my loved ones through it. Also, with surgery being a possibility still I am all too aware that the healthier I am the less likely there will be any complications. An added bonus to the exercise is the endorphins which I feel will help me keep a positive attitude; whatever is thrown at me! 🙂 Positive Mental Attitude!!
Recently I had a medical appointment that had the potential to last anything from 20 minutes to 2 hours… As the pay and display parking was €2.20 for an hour of just over €6.60 for 6 hours I paid for six hours as I couldn’t guarantee I’d be out within two hours… Meaning when I was done I still had four hours left on my ticket so to me the logical thing was to loiter near the parking machine and pass it to someone else to use! When I approached the next man to come up I was genuinely taken aback by how shocked he was that I would offer it to him and how warmly he wished me a great day afterwards… It brightened my entire day!
It had gone to the back of my mind until I saw a post on Thought Catalog today titled 64 Ways to be nice. (Link here.)
Here are some of my favourites!
1. Buy a colleague their favourite snack and leave it on their desk. ~ I used to love doing this when I saw someone having a bad day
2. Tell a manager about someone who has given you great customer service. ~ this is lovely to do as people are quicker to critique than compliment!
3. Offer to do the tea round/sandwich run, even if it’s not your turn. ~ Always appreciated in my experience!
4. Bring snacks to that meeting that everyone’s been dreading. ~ Another thing I used to do in work! 🙂
5. Subscribe a friend to a magazine you know they’ll like.
6. Plan a dinner with pals you haven’t seen in a while. ~Nice for you and for them!
7. Compliment a stranger on their outfit (but only if you genuinely like it)or Tell someone their make up looks good, especially if it seems like they’re wearing something different than usual. ~ Wouldn’t it make your day if someone did this to you!!
8. Add calendar reminders for important events friends have told you about and remember to actually ask how they went. ~ It’s nice to feel that others think you’re important enough to remember about.
9. Let the person with hardly any items go ahead of you in the queue. ~ Someone did this for me on Friday and I was *so* appreciative
10. Leave that pile of old magazines at the doctor’s surgery/hairdressers. ~ You won’t read them again, its good for the environment and will be appreciated by so many people!
11. Text and ask how someone is. ~ especially if its someone you haven’t contacted in a while!
12. Leave a comment on a blog (people work really hard on them and mostly it’s like shouting into the void). ~ yes please!!
13. Give the parent of the crying baby a smile instead of a withering look. ~ think how badly their day is going and give them a break!
14. Let your friends know about great sales/voucher codes you’ve spotted – everyone loves a bargain! ~ and the only thing better than getting a bargain is getting to share it with others!!
15. Tell someone when their label is sticking out/their top is on back to front/they’ve got something on their face/there’s toilet paper on their shoe. ~ Wouldn’t you want to be told!?!
16. Take a picture for a group so everyone can be in it. ~ this is so lovely! Especially if someone offers without being asked!
17. Fill a charity bag with clothes you never wear. ~ Makes room for more purchases and helps charity as well as perhaps letting someone else find their perfect clothing item at a bargain price!
18. Smile more. ~ If I see someone smiling I tend to do the same… It’s a good contagious!
19. Say thank you, always, and mean it. ~ Always nice to feel appreciated!
What cheers you up? What nice things have you done or had done for you lately?
With having been in hospital there hasn’t been any shopping done in a good while but I did recently decide to treat myself to a few little bits from Cloud10Beauty and Boots.
Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Standout (€10.99)
No7 Stay perfect Lip Lacquer in Sweet Pink (€14.00)
Revlon Lash Potion mascara in Blackest Black (€14.99)
Revlon items were two for €12.50 – saving €13.48
Sleek Face Contour Kit in Fair (€7.99)
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (€18.95) ~ a repurchase as mine has vanished into thin air!
Do you own any of these? What would you like to see a review of first?
some of you may already be subscribed to Tati (GlamLifeGuru). If you’re not I highly recommend that you go rectify that ASAP! Tati has recently been doing a ‘Makeup Graveyard’ series where she gathers together all of her lipsticks/blush/eyeshadow and ruthlessly minimises her collection dumping some items and putting others to one side to diseminate to her friends and family. I think all of us makeup junkies are guilty of keeping products we will never wear and every time I watch her videos she inspires me to do something similar so my makeup gets properly loved and worn – if not by me at least by someone!
Would you be able to be so ruthless? How much makeup do you feel is acceptable – what would you consider to be an excessive amount? Whose makeup collection would you most like to get a look at?