Apologies for vanishing… It wasn’t intentional but I kinda lost my mojo. Especially when on my third weigh-in I had a gain that I really was not expecting! It was only 1/2 a pound but as I had been going extra hard at the gym (including finding alternative gyms to go to when I visited my parents instead of taking days off and upping my workouts to an hour each time) and being really good with the food I really didn’t feel it was deserved. My leader explained to me that this kind of thing can happen as the body adjusts to an increase in exercise so I persevered and with great trepidation stepped on the scales last week… To have a massive 7.5lb off!!!! 😀 This meant that I got my first half stone cert… And then at the end of the meeting I was awarded Slimmer of the Month for July – a massive achievement for my first month!!
Unfortunately this week I was up 1lb again but I know that its water retention so I can accept that, I know with a good week that it (and more) should be gone by the time I weigh in next week!! i really feel that Slimming World is working for me! 🙂
The half lb gain I had made me really focus on NSVs (Non Scale Victories):
- I am making healthier choices for myself. My body no longer tolerates processed or fatty food easily. My complexion has improved dramatically.
- My blood pressure is consistently in the normal range.
- I am rediscovering my love for cooking.
- I can now do a full hour of cardio in the gym without melting into a puddle.
- I have managed to do 1km on the treadmill in 11 minutes, and 6km on the bike in 14 minutes 45 seconds.
- I have dropped a full two dress sizes since I last went shopping (pre-stroke). Even the newer smaller sizes are starting to get loose on me!
- I am toning up all over as I am exercising as I go and friends and family have commented on the change in my body shape, this also means I am trying clothes I wouldn’t necessarily have tried before as things that suited in the past don’t necessarily suit now!
- And while it is a scale victory of sorts since I was weighed on admission to the hospital on March 6th I have lost 2 stone 3lb/just over 14kg… Thats more than your average two year old weighs!! 🙂
- My self confidence is improving.