1. Blog more than 222 times in 2014 so that I beat my 2013 total. Unfortunately due to not having been able to type for so long this is looking unachievable for this year… 😦
2. Organise a blogger event Still hoping to do this! Just need to wait until my health is better!
3. Organise at least one more blogger challenge. This will probably happen in early autumn.
4. Learn how to change my format around so that I can update my blog layout.
5. Learn how to use my camera properly.
6. Set up a proper organised blogging area. In process.
7. Get to 500 blog followers. Slowly getting there!
8. Run a competition on my blog.
9. Have some of my blogging friends guest post for me.
10. Do some guest posts for other bloggers.
11. I will learn more about SEO.
12. I will learn how to back up my blog.
13. Plan my posts better so I am not a slave to light – or lack of it!
Set up a proper Facebook page. Achieved 4/1/14
15. Update and revamp my ‘About Me’ page.
16. Comment on more blogs.
17. Update my blogroll. Done.
18. Do empties posts every 2 months. Unfortunately I have fallen behind on this.
19. Make a list of 40 items to use up in 2014.
20. Do more makeup look posts.
21. Learn some photo editing skills.
22. Do a photo a day challenge.
23. Organise and keep a proper address book.
24. Organise and keep a list of birthdays so I don’t forget them.
25. Make a Christmas card list and actually manage to get all of my cards written and posted on time for the first time in years!
26. Go on a weekend away on my own.
27. Do an evening class.
28. Read more – read 10+ books in 2014. I read about 7 books while in hospital… Mainly chicklit!
29. Go on a date. Done.
30. Be more open to social invites.
31. Go to the cinema at least 4 times in 2014 – even if it means going alone.
32. Reduce the amount of negativity I allow into my life – particularly through social media. done
33. Find a work/life balance. This is being done through necessity although is it work/life balance if work is taken out of the equation?
34. Join the library.
Have friends stay overnight. Done
36. Go to a comedy show.
Go to a cultural event. I attended the Irish food festival in Sheridans Carnaross.
38. Host a BBQ.
Have a girls night! Happening on 12th July 2014.
40. Attend something in the O2. I am going to see Imelda May in December 2014. 🙂
41. Go to a music gig. Planned for December – as above!
42. Meet at least one new person that I have interacted with online.
43. Host a dinner party.
44. Go ice skating.
45. Make a list of 100 dvds that I own but haven’t watched yet and watch as many as I can.
46. Get back into making my own cards.
47. Make a Christmas wreath.
48. Get a new caricature drawn.
49. Get a new piercing. All my piercings are gone. Will get them back if allowed when decision is made on surgery!
50. Attend a showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show
51. Go to a roller disco.
52. Make candles from supplies I already have.
53. Send flowers to someone.
54. Create a signature cocktail.
55. Go to a fireworks display.
56. Find some new music.
57. Send a letter to my childhood penpal.
58. Print out photos for a photo album.
Places to go: All travel plans currently on hold!
59. Return to Paris.
60. Travel to Australia again.
61. Travel to America again.
62. Go to the Giants Causeway.
63. Visit an aquarium.
64. Pay off credit card. Done!
65. Have a month where I only buy essentials.
66. Save more each fortnight.
67. Save coins in a jar and cash them in for a treat when it is full. This is ongoing
68. Do the 52 week saving challenge.
69. Get a new kennel for the dogs.
70. Clean the car inside and out every 3 months.
71. Update my underwear drawer. done.
72. Sort the storage in my kitchen.
73. Donate 101 things to a charity shop. Did a major declutter so probably achieved this but didn’t count!
74. Make French toast. done!
75. Sort out my spare room. done!
76. Get my house deep cleaned.
77. Do a wardrobe declutter. Completed March 1st 2014.
78. Be better with my skincare routine.
79. Go for a whole new look with my hair. Back in January the lovely Lisa Molloy of Pink Sugar sparkles blog and online store who is also a hairdresser extraordinaire gave my hair a new look , lightening it substantially and organising the fabulous Niamh in Preen to give me a cut… I wasn’t allowed to see it until it was all done (how trusting am I??). I loved the finished look and have gone even lighter with my colour since – unfortunately the layers Niamh gave me have gone a bit by the wayside! 😦
Try buy clothes that are less in my comfort zone. Back in January Kat from Pretty Kitty and I hit the shops and I allowed her to choose clothes for me – the agreement was that I had to try them on and unless I had a major objection to them had to purchase at least some of them! To be fair to Kat she didn’t abuse the trust I put in her and I have come to love most of the items!!
81. Buy and wear a statement necklace.
82. Wear makeup more often.
83. Do a facemask weekly. I’ve managed to keep this one up, even while in hospital… It was my bit of ‘normal’ and it felt good to pamper myself!
84. Wear high heels more often.
85. Learn at least 3 styles to do with my hair. Right now, due to left side weakness I can’t do anthing with my hair 😦 Looking forward to that changing!!
Health and Fitness goals:
86. Go to bed before 11pm every night for a week. In hospital for 4 months meant that this became routine rather than being an effort.
87. Get up without hitting snooze every day for a week. It actually isn’t possible to sleep in when in hospital so I went a good 3-4 months never having to set an alarm therefore never hit snooze…
88. Lose a minimum of 3 stone. I lost a good bit of weight while in hospital (about 9.5kg/1stone 7 lb) and have now also joined the gym and signed up to slimming world to try continue losing!
89. Complete Couch to 5k programme.
90. Stop sabotaging myself when it comes to being healthier.
91. Eat less processed food. done!
92. Find more healthy recipes for my slow cooker.
93. Drink more water on a consistent basis.
94. Try a hot stone massage.
95. I will have a full month with no takeaways or eating out. Done courtesy of hospital – not quite what I had planned!!
96. I will get into the habit of bringing my lunch to work.
97. Join the gym with work. Joined independent of work!
98. Try to be more confident and stop worrying about how others see me.
99. Try Zumba or similar exercise class.
100. Go cycling.
101. Eat more fruit done!