As those of you who follow my blog know I have been doing #BEDM for all of May (more details here). I’m very proud of myself that I haven’t missed a day so far. 🙂 I decided to do #BEDM because I was stuck in a blogging rut. Having been unwell for the last while I was out of the habit of blogging and I noticed that the spaces between posts were getting longer and longer. I felt that a daily blogging challenge would be the perfect thing to get me back on track. #BEDM has been great but some of the topics haven’t really suited my blog or I have had an event or product to blog about so I have substituted some days suggestions with my own topics.
Now that the end of #BEDM is in sight I am feeling like I could manage another month but this time I would like less general topics and be forced to focus on beauty topics – given this is a beauty blog! I’ve put the idea out on twitter and some people have said they would be interested in joining me so June Beauty Blog Challenge (#JuneBBC) has been born!
For those who don’t know what #BEDM was, there are 31 different topics assigned to each day of May. For #JuneBBC I have compiled a list of 30 topics – one for each day of the month. You can interpret them however you like – do whatever style suits your blog. As I did with #BEDM you can even scrap the suggested topic and blog about whatever you are in the mood for on that day. The topics are really only there to give you a starting off point and to inspire you if you need it. The point is to get you back into the habit of blogging and by sharing the links and using the hashtag you will allow your fellow #JuneBBC-ers to find your post and help support you!
1. Favourite eyeliner
2. Favourite brush
3. Favourite hair product
4. What’s in your shower/bath
5. Favourite foundation
6. Disappointing buys
7. Favourite lip product
8. Beauty Wishlist
9. Most recent beauty buy
10. Favourite nail polish
11. A bargain buy you’d recommend
12. An item you have bought because of blogs/vlogs
13. Makeup look you’d love to recreate
14. Favourite mascara
15. Favourite online shop
16. Skincare routine
17. Makeup skill you would love to perfect but struggle with
18. Favourite makeup brand
19. Who is your fashion/style icon
20. Favourite ‘high end’ product
21. Favourite nail look/nail art
22. 5 of your favourite beauty bloggers
23. What’s my face worth
24. Alternative use for an item you have – e.g. lipstick as blusher.
25. Primer – do you use it? Eyes, face etc
26. Best beauty advice you have been given
27. Biggest fashion mistake you have made
28. Favourite cheek product
29. 5 of your favourite beauty vloggers/YouTube videos
30. Recent empties / Reflecting on #JuneBBC
If you’re going to do #JuneBBC I would love to hear from you and promote your links on this post. When #JuneBBC starts I also invite you to put your links either on this post or on my post for each day so that I can be sure to support you all! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask as this is my first time doing something like this so I have probably left out lots of information or explained things really badly! We only learn from trying!