1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally wavy. It’s very thick and perhaps if it didn’t weigh so much I’d manage to get it to curl but as it stands it just really does its own thing! Some days it can be fairly straight and other days it is a massive frizzball! 😦 (Today btw, its a frizzball!)
2. What is your natural hair color?
My natural hair colour is a very dark brown.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I go to the salon about every 5 weeks to have my roots dyed.
4. How often do you wash your hair?
My hair doesn’t get oily so I’m really lucky and can go about 5 days without washing my hair – I do shower at least daily though!
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I wear basically the same style each day. I know what I’m comfortable in and what suits my shape and I stick to that!
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I tend to do them at home and would only get a manicure for a very special occasion. I have never had a salon pedicure as I hate the idea of someone at my feet!
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
I have loads of nail varnishes so can change my nails regularly depending on my mood. I have nails that nail varnish just doesn’t seem to want to stick to so once they start to chip I tend to clean them off and either re-paint or leave bare depending on my life at the time! Most of the time nail varnish only lasts 2-3 days on me.
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
Sometimes, but it’s mostly just in the summer when my toes will be visible.
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
I don’t wear makeup daily so when I am wearing it its usually for a special occasion or night out which means I can spend ages at it. To do the basics (primer, colour corrector, foundation, concealer and contouring) is fairly quick but then lips and eyes I can spend ages on trying to get the look just right!
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I usually do my face first but if I am experimenting with an eye look that may need to be wiped off and then restarted I will do that first!
11. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
Collect. Between my kit and my own personal makeup I have a substantial collection and I love getting my hands on new products. I would rather spend on makeup than on clothes. I’m not precious about what I buy though and can’t understand why anyone would buy an item of makeup and never intend on using it.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I have worn false lashes twice in my life. It’s something I’d love to wear more but I am blessed with long lashes anyway so I end up just layering mascara on instead!
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
No. I have quite sensitive skin but am lucky enough to rarely get spots or blemishes so I tend to give it a break by not wearing makeup daily and saving it for special occasions instead. As I find more products that suit me I find it easier to wear makeup so perhaps in future I will wear it more often.
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
No, not unless I am experimenting with a look or with new products.
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
16. How many high end products do you have?
I have a lot of Urban Decay products, one MAC lipstick, one MAC lip liner, some Clinique, Estee Lauder foundations, some Benefit… I honestly couldn’t name exactly how many products.
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
If I use a brush for a ‘wet’ product I would wash it after pretty much every use. Given that I wear makeup infrequently I hate the idea of brushes being left with that kind of product on it as I feel it is a breeding ground for germs. If I am using other products I would use them 2 or 3 times before washing them. I have a large selection of brushes so tend to use a few and then do one big washing session and leave them all ready again.
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I decide when I am getting dressed generally. My choices depend on the weather, what I will be doing and of course my mood!
19. How often do you change your handbag?
I have one handbag that I always use for work as it saves moving things around. I would change my handbag every time I am going out socially (so that it matches my outfit). For non-work days that I am out and about I would have a few handbags that I rotate around depending on my mood/what I am doing.
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I’m a night owl but am trying to get into a better routine. I generally head to bed about 11pm on a ‘school night’ but it could be substantially later at the weekend. My alarm goes off at 7am on weekdays and I am up by about 10am at latest at the weekend.
21. How often & when do you workout?
I don’t. It’s a routine I’d love to get back into but right now walking my dogs is the nearest I get to a workout!
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
23. How tall are you?
5’3 and a half.
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I don’t speak enough of any language to really count them. I did German in school for 6 years but have forgotten most (if not all) of it. I also did French for a few years.
25. How many pets do you have?
I have two beautiful Jack Russell terriers. Both are rescued and the fact that they are the same breed is just a lucky coincidence.
26. How often are you on Blogger?
Never. I access the blogs I read through Bloglovin’ and my own blog is on WordPress.
27. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
It depends on the article but I often will especially if it is a product review of something I am considering buying to see what other experiences people have.
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
No, if I did it would be lethal! I’m always seeing things I would love to try but have come to the conclusion that if I can’t remember it when I am away from the post then I don’t really *need* it!
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
It came from the name that I have used when chatting online for about the last 12 years.
30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I use my iPhone or a Fujifilm Finepix S5700.
31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I try keep on top of things daily but every so often I will do a blitz to give things a better clean. I’m the only one who lives there which means I’m the only one to do the cleaning so I can slack off at times if I’m busy elsewhere or with other things.
32. What is your favorite colour?
I love turquoise.
33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I don’t really buy magazines anymore unless there are freebie products with them so for that reason I’m going to say Glamour.
34. Do you swear?
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I have no idea! I should probably do some work now and this evening I have some products I want to try out and some photos to take if possible!
I tag anyone and everyone! Let me know in the comments if you have done this so I can pop over and read it!