1. What are your favourite type of blog-post to write?
I actually really enjoy reviewing products and I love doing posts on pampering hints and tips.
2. What are your favourite blogs to read?
I adore beauty blogs but I also love a few lifestyle blogs (e.g. Thrifty Mrs).
3. How did you pick your blog name?
I choose Girl Friday because it is the name I have used online for about the last 12 years. (Eek! I’m getting old!!) It came about as a chat name out of a joke and my sheer desperation to find a name that wasn’t already taken!
4. Which beauty blogger is your inspiration?
So many! I get inspired by lots of different people and their blogs/vlogs. These include…
Louise (***Sprinkle of Glitter***)
Sue (CherrySue – Doin’ the Do)
Kat & Rachelle (Dolly Rouge)
Dee & Sinead (VivaAdonis)
Karen (Lovely Girlie Bits)
Anita (Anita’s Beauty Blog)
Yavanna (Makeup Monster)
… and many, many more!
5. Name one tip you’ve learned through another beauty blogger?
I’ve learned mainly about new products but have also picked up some good hints for skincare in particular. Beauty blogs introduced me to the use of muslin cloths for cleansing!
6. What made you make a blog?
I started blogging because I wanted an outlet for my makeup obsession. I then changed day job, moved county, and ended up going back to study to become a Makeup Artist so the blog became a bit neglected and somewhere along the line gremlins decided to attack it… So here I am with a new blog for a new start!
7. Do you have a favourite blog post of yours?
Not yet! 😉
8. Name one pro and one con of being a beauty blogger?
Pro: Finding likeminded people who share my obsession.
Con: Not being able to use products until you have photographed them just in case you decide to blog about them!
9. What advice would you give someone dealing with hate?
Hate isn’t something I have dealt with so far. I guess my advice would be to try remember that you didn’t start your blog for other people and that the chances are you have way more lovers that haters reading your blog!
10. How long does it take you to write a blog post?
It depends on the post. I find the writing takes less time than the photography and sorting of pictures for the post!
11. What other blogs apart from beauty do you like to read?
I love lifestyle blogs and some cookery/food blogs.
12. Who have you made friends with thorough blogging?
No one yet but when I am more established I will hopefully have the courage to go to a Bloggers meetup!
13. How do you get the ideas for blog posts?
I get inspired by many things: trying products, different experiences of shops, services and products, seeing other people’s posts and youtube videos, things my friends do, say or ask… It can be anything really!
14. Who do you tag?
Anyone who would like to do this! Please leave me a link in the comments if you do so I can check it out! 🙂